Sunday, November 16, 2014

Autumn Nails w/ Owl Stamp





Last night I wanted to do a seasonal mani, and I also wanted to do some stamping. I chose a cute little owl design from my Pueen stamping plates, and picked out some autumn colors to go with it. I am not sure how much I like the outcome, just because it generally lacks color. I might add a little orange stamped design on the pinkie nail!
For this mani I used:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Revlon - Tangerine
               China Glaze - Goldie But Goodie
               Pixi - Classy Cocoa
Tools: Konad Stamping Kit
           Pueen Stamping Plates - Owl
Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

I did two coats of the brown Pixi color on my thumb and pinkie, two coats of the gold shimmery China Glaze on my middle and ring fingers, and two coats of the orange Revlon on my index finger. I topped each with a coat of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, which I am trying out in place of my usual Seche Vite to see if it works as well without causing shrinkage. So far, it seems to take a little bit longer to dry than the Seche Vite, but no issues with skrinkage, so it might be worth it!

On my index fingers, I used the Classy Cocoa to stamp the owl over the orange polish. I messed it up pretty badly the first time and had to start my index fingers over again, but the second time went fine!



No comments:

Post a Comment