Thursday, June 11, 2015

Shiny Purple with Striped Tips


So, I decided to take part in yet another nail art challenge! This one was set up by subscribers to the /r/RedditLaqueristas sub-reddit, and it's a different theme for each week. I think this challenge is more my speed! The theme for the first week starting 6/1/2015 was "striping tape". To make this even more interesting, I have been coming up with the designs and having my boyfriend pick out the colors to use. For this manicure, I used:

Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: Shany Cosmetics Famous Colors Nail Art Set - 28
               Orly - Old School Orange
Tools: Striping Tape
Top Coat: Zoya Armor

This manicure was pretty straight-forward, but a little time-consuming with the tape placement. I started with two coats of Old School Orange to get an opaque base. Then, I used four pieces of striping tape on each nail to make the criss-cross design. I applied a generous coat of the shiny purple Shany Cosmetics polish and removed the tape before it started to dry.

The color combination isn't one I would pick out myself, but it's got a nice complementary colors thing going on. I also really like how the design came out and will probably repeat it sometime with different colors. A solid start to this year-long challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment