Sunday, June 7, 2015

Floral Pattern


First, I must apologize for the poor quality photos - my lighting box is currently in disrepair and I am working on making a better one. Anyway, since I postponed my rock climbing membership for the whole month of May, knowing I would be on vacation for most of it, I have been enjoying having longer nails! With the extra space, I decided to do a bigger floral design.
Here is what I used to create this manicure:

Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: L'Oreal - Caught Red-Handed
               Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
               Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
Tools: Medium Nail Art Brush
           Large Dotting Tool
Top Coat: Zoya Armor

I started out with two coats of the red L'Oreal polish to make an opaque base. Then, I used the medium nail art brush with the white Sinful Colors polish to make the petals for the flowers. I liked the natural effect of the thinner polish at the center of the petals and thicker at the edges so I didn't try to make it completely opaque. Then, I added a dot in the center of Sally Hansen Black Out with a large dotting tool. I topped it off with a shiny coat of Zoya Armor.

I think it turned out really cute! Here are a couple more pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment