Sunday, June 7, 2015

Leopard Print Nail Wraps


In the rush before leaving for my trip, I didn't have time to do any complicated nail art, so I decided to try out these nail wraps I had lying around. They are Sephora Formula X brand and cost $7 on sale, but I found them at TJ Maxx for only $1. I am not usually a fan of animal print, but I am willing to try it out for that price!
I applied the nail wraps as instructed: on a clean nail with no base or top coat, filing off the extra with the included nail file. The set comes with 18 wraps of varying sizes so you can pick out the size that works best for each nail. Unfortunately, that is only enough to do all your nails once with a weird number left. Maybe the extras could be used for accent nails for another manicure, though the instructions do say that you should use up the wraps pretty quickly after opening.


The variety of widths was adequate for my nail needs and the length was more than enough. I could have probably used one wrap to do two nails if I was really careful about it! The only complaint I have about the sizing is that the ends of the wraps are very rounded and my nail beds are on the square side, especially in my thumb, index, and middle finger. You can see in some of my pictures how the wrap doesn't line up well with the base of my nail bed.


In terms of longevity, I can't really complain! I took these picture 5 days after application and you can just start to see some wear at the tips. I removed them shortly after the pictures so I don't know how much longer they would last, but I was impressed. Though, it made removal a little tricky. The gold and brown parts came off really easily with acetone-based polish remover, but the black parts (which were a little raised as well) actually took some light scraping to get off.


Overall, I would recommend these nail wraps, especially for people who want nail art but don't have the time or skill to do it themselves. They are pretty easy to apply, last a long time, and have a variety of sizes that should fit the average nails. However, they are a little costly at full price, so keep an eye out at your local discount store!

No comments:

Post a Comment