Saturday, October 3, 2015

Dark Glittery Ruffian


These nails were done for the 18th week of the /r/RedditLaqueristas challenge, in which the theme was "Half Moon/Ruffian Design". I much prefer ruffian manicures over half moon manicures on myself because I feel they better compliment my short nails. I chose some darker colors to go with the gloomy weather from the week, but with some glitter to keep it exciting.

Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Zoya - Willa
               Orly FX - Aqua Pixel
Top Coat: Seche Vite


This manicure was very straight-forward. I started with two coats of the black Zoya polish to make a nice opaque base. Then, I applied a coat of the Orly teal texture polish, leaving the bottom and parts of the sides showing through on each nail. Textured polish distracts me really easily, so I covered everything with a layer of Seche Vite. The Orly FX polish has a very matte, rough looking texture, which shows off the chunky glitter a little better, while the top coat makes it glisten and have a smoother appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment