Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Birchbox September 2015


This review is for the Birchbox from September 2015. Birchbox is a very popular subscription box. It is $10/month for 4-5 beauty and lifestyle samples, which are personalized based on a quiz you take. It also has a great rewards points system. It is the only monthly subscription box that I still have, because I have found it to be especially worth it for the samples and the additional full-sized products I can get with my reward points.
I will go through each of the products listed on the card one by one with my thoughts.

Value: $7.50
Rating: 3/5
Notes: I'm not really big on eye creams, but this is a great value and a fairly generous sample. It has really good reviews and didn't irritate my skin when I tested it on my arm, so I will likely give it a try.


Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume
Value: $1.80
Rating: 4/5
Notes: I don't wear fragrance that often, but I really like this simple, elegant scent. The lack in complexity might not please some people, but I wore this today and it was pleasant without being overbearing.


PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Smoothing Blowout Spray
Value:$4.89
Rating: 1/5
Notes: I never ever heat treat my hair, so I have no use for a product like this. I will pass it on to one of my family members.


Pop Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow
Value: $0.71
Rating: 3/5
Notes: These eye shadows looked like really nice shades for fall/winter, but the silvery shadow is so pulverized that I am not sure if it can be repaired. I did receive 50 Birchbox points as compensation, so I'm not super broken up about it (haha).



treStiQue Correct & Cover Concealer Caryon
Value: $26
Rating: 4/5
Notes: Even though this says "mini", it looks to be the same size as the full-sized product. It seems like a nice formula for under-eye concealing, but I really wish I had gotten "porcelain" instead of "bisque". Birchbox is usually so good about matching shades. It might work well for under my BB cream or for the summer though!

This box was generally a success. It has amazing value, and though I normally wouldn't pick some of these products for myself, there was only one complete miss. Plus, with the 50 bonus points to make up for the broken eyeshadow, this was essentially a free box. Birchbox definitely knows how to keep me as a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment