Thursday, October 22, 2015

Gray Stripes



This manicure was for the 21st week of the /r/RedditLaqueristas 52 week challenge. The theme for this week is "Gray", which is definitely fitting for this time of year. I chose to do some freehand stripes that remind me of a cozy sweater.



For this manicure I used the following:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Zoya - Yuna
               Sinful Colors - Slate
               The Color Workshop - unknown light silver
Tools: Striping brush
Top Coat: Seche Vite
                 NYC Matte Me Crazy



I started with two coats of The Color Workshop polish to make an opaque base. Then, I used a small striping brush to freehand stripes using the lighter slate Sinful Colors polish and the darker gray sparkly Zoya polish. I sealed everything with a coat of Seche Vite and once it was dry, applied the matte top coat. I'm a sucker for matte grays!


This turned out to be a relatively quick manicure that looks like a cozy sweater. My lines aren't super straight, but you can't really tell from far away. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment