Sunday, October 11, 2015

Taupe with Gold Stripe


I did these nails for the 19th week of the /r/RedditLaqueristas 52-week challenge. The theme was "Autumn Nails", so I went with some fall inspired colors to make a simple design. I was at a scientific conference this week, so I couldn't do anything too crazy unfortunately, but I think these turned out looking very classy.

To complete this manicure, I used:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: China Glaze - Below Deck
               Butter London - Marbs
Tools: Striping Tape
Top Coat: Seche Vite


I started with two coats of the taupe China Glaze polish over the base coat. I then outlined the wide center stripes with striping tape and filled in between them with a coat of the gold Butter London polish, a little thicker than usual to completely cover the taupe with only one coat. I removed the striping tape before the polish had time to dry. Then, I sealed everything in with top coat.

Gold is definitely my favorite polish color, and I like spanning the range from yellowy gold to coppery gold with different level of sparkle/shimmer. This gold is definitely gorgeous and I look forward to using it more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment