Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Wintery Blue Dotticure


I'm trying to get into the winter spirit here despite the lack of cold and snow. So, I decided to choose some nice blue colors to do a dotticure and top it with a light glitter reminiscent of a snow fall. These photos are from 3 days after application, so it's standing up pretty well, though it probably won't make it until Christmas.
Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Zoya Anchor
Polishes: OPI - Gargantuan Green Grape
               Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
               Probelle - Into the Blue
               Maybelline Color Show - Blue Bombshell
               Sally Girl - So Disco
Top Coat: Seche Vite
Tools: Medium Dotting Tool


I started with three coats of the OPI polish, which is called "Gargantuan Green Grape", but is more of a powdery blue color. Then, starting with the white Sinful Colors polish, I scattered dots around the top half of each nail. I repeated with the medium Probelle blue and the darker Color Show blue. I aimed to get a fairly uniform covering with some overlap among the dots. At the end, I topped with a coat of a very subtle glitter and a layer of top coat.


My nails may be the most wintery thing around right now, but I am pretty happy with that scenario! I look forward to doing Christmas nails and then mostly leaving the winter themes behind in the hopes that the season won't last too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment