Sunday, November 1, 2015

Jack-o'-lantern Nails for Halloween


I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I had some low-key festivities and also had fun dressing up my nails. In fact, these nails also fit in with the 22nd week of the /r/RedditLaqueristas 52 week challenge, so it worked out perfectly. The little Jack-o'-lanterns turned out really cute!

Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: Sephora by OPI - If You've Got It, Haunt It
               Orly - Old School Orange
               Orly - unknown green
               Zoya - Willa
Tools: Small detail brush
Top Coat: Seche Vite


I started out this manicure with two coats of the appropriately named Sephora by OPI glitter. I really like the flecks of colored and white glitter in with the black base. Using a small detail brush, I applied the orange Orly polish thickly to make an opaque pumpkin shape on my thumb and ring fingers. Then, I used the same small brush (cleaned) to add the stem, in the green Orly polish, and the features, in the black Zoya polish.


These are definitely happy and cute Jack-o'-lanterns rather than scary ones! I am proud of how nicely both hands came out. I'm looking forward to the next challenge creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment