Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fall Colored Triangles


I can't believe it's been since Halloween since I last did some nail art! I wanted to take advantage of the last of the autumn season to use some fall colors in this manicure for the 24th week of the /r/RedditLaquerisas 52 Week challenge. This week's challenge is "Symbols", and I've always been partial to triangles. I have included a picture tutorial as well for anyone who wants to recreate it.

Here is what I used for this manicure:
Base Coat: Seche Clear
Polishes: Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Go for Gold
               L'Oreal - Caught Red-Handed
               Shany Cosmetics Famous Colors Nail Art Set - 25
Tools: Striping Tape
Top Coat: Seche Vite


1. Started out by picking out your colors. I picked some nice fall colors - a gold, red, and orange.
2. Apply two coats of your base polish. For me, this was the gold Sally Hansen polish.
3. After completely dry, or after a coat of Seche Vite to speed things along, use two pieces of striping tape to section off a triangle area at the base of the nail. Fill in the area with the red polish.
4. Before the polish is dry, peel off the tape.
5. After completely dry, use two more pieces of striping tape to section off a smaller triangle within the first one. Fill in the area with the orange polish.
6. Before the polish is dry, peel off the tape. Finish with top coat of your choice.


The orange did't turn out as opaque as I wanted, but overall, I am really pleased with this manicure. It took an absurdly long time to cut all of the striping tape and place it nicely though. I passed the time by watching one of my favorite movies, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, so not a total loss of a Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment