Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Shiny Rainbow Dots


So, I missed a couple weeks of the RedditLaqueristas 52 week challenge, but I am hoping to get back on schedule now! This week's theme is "Rainbow Colors". I wanted to follow the theme subtly instead of going all out, so I did rainbow dots on a shiny silver background.

Here is what I used to do this manicure:
Base Coat: Orly Bonder
Polishes: H&M - Silver
               Ruffian - Ruffian Red
               Zoya - Paz
               OPI - I Just Can't Cope-acabana
               Orly - Unknown Green
               Orly - Snowcone
               Wet 'n' Wild - On a Trip
Tools: Medium Dotting Tool
Top Coat: Seche Vite


I started with two coats of the silver H&M polish to get an opaque base. Then, I started with the yellow OPI polish and placed a dot in the lower corner of each nail. I worked along the bottom of each nail from there with the orange and red polishes. I finished off by working up the side of each nail with the green, blue, and purple polishes. I do wish my nails were a little longer so that I wouldn't have had to curve around the top of each nail with the purple dot.


I really like the contrast between the metallic silver and the bright rainbow dots. It's a unique and subtle way to follow the challenge. I'm looking forward to getting back into doing more nail art and following the rest of the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment