Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Birchbox June 2015



This review is for the Birchbox from June 2015. Birchbox is a very popular subscription box. It is $10/month for 4-5 beauty and lifestyle samples, which are personalized based on a quiz you take. It also has a great rewards points system. It is the only monthly subscription box that I still have, because I have found it to be especially worth it for the samples and the additional full-sized products I can get with my reward points.


Here is the card that lists all the products from this box.


Value: $3.20
Rating: 2/5
Notes: Sunscreen is such a tricky product, especially for use on the face. I already know I am sensitive to avobenzone and I don't usually do well with fragrances, so I won't be putting this on my face, but I will use it on my neck, chest, and shoulders.

 

Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Blue Lagoon
Value: $4.50
Rating: 4/5
Notes: This eyeliner went out to every Birchbox subscriber in June and you get buy all four mini liners in a pack at the website. I don't wear eyeliner much, but this is an interesting color and it seems to hold up well. I will be trying it out as something interesting to add to my daily routine.


Value: $3.75
Rating: 4/5
Notes: This was my sample choice this month because I thought it was a pretty unique product that I am interested in trying out. I plan on using this next time I have some extra time to pamper myself.


Value: $1.72 + $1.72
Rating: 1/5
Notes: I'm not really interested in these products at all. I got some shampoo and conditioner in my last box, which ended up being pretty nice. These aren't sulfate- or silicone-free and they don't seen to have anything special to offer, so I will give them to my boyfriend to use up.


Value: $0.83
Rating: 5/5
Notes: This is a bonus item this month, and it's actually my favorite item in the box! I've been using this ponytail holder for almost a month now and it hasn't stretched out, which is my biggest annoyance. They are a little expensive for hair ties, so I probably won't buy them myself, but it's a nice bonus!

Overall, this box was alright. Definitely not one of my favorites in terms of products, but the value was decent at $15.72. Also, it was great to get a bonus item to review for extra points to put toward purchasing a product later.

No comments:

Post a Comment