Saturday, August 9, 2014

Wantable Intimates July 2014

This review is for the Wantable Intimates box from July 2014. This box is $36/month for 4 to 5 "intimate" items, which include underwear, bras, leggings, tights, pajamas, socks, and more. You fill out a fairly detailed quiz about your preferences and they stick to it pretty well. You can skip any month and also return the whole box for free if you don't end up liking it. I have had a subscription since May 2014 and would be happy to share a referral if you are interested in getting a subscription. Wantable also does a monthly make-up box with full-sized products and an accessories box.

My July box should have shipped around July 22nd, but it got delayed. I contacted customer service about it and they apologized for the delay, shipped it the next day, and gave me a $10 credit to use. I've always heard good things about their customer service, and this just confirmed it!

Here is the box as received and first opened. I think they accidentally put the wrong insert in because it was shipped in August.















Here is a picture of the page detailing the items in the box. First is my preferences. I didn't really say no to a lot of things except socks & panties, since I already have plenty, and accessories & shapewear, since I don't have much interest in those items. The next picture shows everything I received in this box and the retail values.




























Here are the items in the order that I unpacked them. First, the lacy camisole from Honeydew.


















This is a very nice color and feels very soft and satiny. It fits a little on the tighter side and has adjustable straps. This will be very comfortable (and sexy feeling!) to wear to bed, though I don't think it's something I would have purchased for myself, particularly at a retail value of $24.

Next, I have the lace trimmed bralette, also from Honeydew.















I am a huge fan of soft bras. They are just so comfortable, even for everyday use! This is the third soft bra I have received from Wantable, and I have been a fan so far. This particular bra is supposed to run small, so they sent a size larger than I put in my survey, and I am glad they did.The color doesn't come through well in the picture, but it's a pretty deep purple. I like the fact that it doesn't have a clasp and just slips over your head.

The third item is a pair of fishnet tights from Isadora.



















They aren't the traditional fishnet pattern, but rather stripes with different netting patterns. These are one size fits all, so they are definitely stretchy and go up pretty high on the waist if you don't want them bunching. Also, you have to be careful to line up the stripes nicely or it looks a little weird. I like the idea of patterned tights, but don't wear them that often. Hopefully, I can come up with a good outfit to pair these with.

The final item is also from Isadora and is a pair of patterned leggings.


















I also love leggings, so this was a welcome addition to the box. These are super soft and very comfortable. I will probably wear them for lounging around the house or to liven up a plain dress or long shirt. I often wear leggings to work out, but these feel much too fancy for that.

Overall, I enjoyed this box, but I think it will be the end of my Wantable accessories subscription. I think that I could take this same amount of money and buy myself some suitable "intimates" that are less expensive. Still, I am glad that I acquired some quality clothing over the past few months. Also, maybe it's because I started my subscription very late in the month, but I never get any of the "featured" brands that they discuss on the website and on my packing slip. If you are interested in this box, I would recommend starting early in the month and being very specific and honest with your preferences. I hope this review was useful, and here are some bonus bunny butts!


No comments:

Post a Comment